“Sometimes getting lost is the only way to find yourself.”
Do you ever feel like your world is spinning so fast around you that you can’t breathe? Your heart is racing, your mind is going a million miles an hour and no matter what you can’t slow it down or make everything just stand still? That’s called ANXIETY. I have it. But I manage it.
• Adrenaline. Escape. This allows me to step away from reality for a short time to reconnect with myself. It’s a way to release stress, boost our endorphins, and overall feel better.
• Worship - This helps me remember God has my back, he has a plan, and he’s in control.
• Pop/ hip-hop- Reminds me I'm a boss and no matter what is giving me anxiety I can handle it and puts me in an upbeat mood.
• Country- Gives me hope, centers me, & calms me.
3.) Find a quiet place.
• Be still and calm and try to understand what is actually causing your anxiety. Be still & breathe, slow down your breath almost like meditating.
• Write down your thoughts and feelings, almost as if I’m releasing them. This is also where I write prayers & ask God for help through situations.
5.) Do something you love that calms you.
• For me this is being active, outside, and with nature. OR spending quality time with my girlfriends.
5.) Recharge & reset.
• Snuggle up with a good self help book, watch a movie, binge watch Netflix, do a face mask, take a hot shower or bath. Just reset your body & mind.